Monday, April 13, 2015

Turkish Spice Bazaar

Sights and Smells at the Turkish Spice Bazaar
Sorry, this post accidentally didn't get published earlier!

I walked into the spice bazaar and smelled all the different spices. It smelled like a bunch of hot chili peppers. I tried to breathe but the smells stayed in my nose and it hurt. I kept walking until I reached an area where there was no one selling spices and I felt like I could breathe again. 








We came to a shop that sold many different colored soaps, each with a label on it that showed the scent. All the soaps were stacked together by color. My mom told me that there was a chocolate one that she didn’t like. I smelled it, though, and it smelled so good that I wanted to take a bite out of it. We ended up getting one called amber, which was brown, and a blackberry one.



After the soap shop, we went to another shop that sold dried meats and honey. We decided that we should get some honey. It was in real honey combs. I felt like grabbing it and eating it right away, but of course I didn’t. While I was waiting, something in another store caught my eye. There was a bunch of pistachios. I waited until my parents were done and we went to the pistachio store. I was so excited. The store owner told us that they were double roasted and had a small spice in it. Not until after we bought them did we realize how expensive they were. They were fifteen dollars per pound! My parents were disappointed, but the pistachios were really good. After we bought the pistachios, we left the spice bazaar. I had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment